Former Admissions Officer Consultant - Remote
New Zealand-based Edutech company Crimson Education was founded in 2013 from the idea that through personalised education, we can transform students into the world leaders of tomorrow. Since then, we have rapidly grown a mission-driven team that is dedicated to building the education system for the 22nd century. Our network includes 2,400 tutors and consultants worldwide who work with over 20,000 students.
Our tech platform connects tutors and mentors to high school students aiming to achieve admission and scholarships to top universities in the US, Canada, UK, and beyond.
We're looking to grow our global remote team of Former Admissions Officers.
- Work for a global company and be a part of a global mission to change the educational landscape of the 22nd century.
- Work flexible with students all over the world
- Work in the comfort of your own chosen location - home, cafe, library - with the majority of student and internal meeting taking place via video conferencing
- Competitive compensation
What this role is responsible for
Former Admissions Officer Consultants (“FAOs”) are exemplars of Crimson Education’s philosophy; individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in students’ lives by leveraging past admissions experience to help offer guidance that will inform academic, extracurricular, and personal development.
Your task as an FAO is to work closely with students and the other members of their Crimson team: Student Success Managers, tutors, mentors and consultants. Primary client-facing responsibilities include the following: driving progress through long-term roadmaps, offering insight into US and/or UK admissions processes, and providing feedback on ongoing candidacy building.
Regarding application work, FAOs assist in the development of students’ narratives, providing feedback on the thematic direction of application essays. Students will have additional direct support from Application Mentors who own the responsibilities of essay consultation (brainstorms, revisions) and interview preparation.
What success looks like
Your work could contain elements of the following, depending on the nature of your engagement with your assigned students:
Direct Client Service
- Provide the perspective of an experienced admissions professional at critical junctures (ECL recommendations, course selection, application strategy, school selection, essay topic selection) in real-time and written feedback.
- Collaborate with the rest of the students’ Crimson team (Student Success Managers, Academic Tutors, Application Consultants, ECL Mentors, etc.) to execute on the student’s roadmap
- Offer insight into the admissions review process in order to help provide context around a student’s application
- Maintain expert knowledge of high school curricula, extracurricular and leadership choices, summer program applications, and standardized test planning to make recommendations regarding admissions strategies
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of institutions of higher learning to guide students and parents towards attainable, best fit school goals
- Conduct formal consulting sessions with students on a regular basis, chronicling and sharing with relevant stakeholders notes and action items via the Crimson App platform
- Maintain reasonable levels of communication with fellow Crimson staff and students and families outside of formal sessions
- Simulate an admissions style interview with students, providing guidance to enhance a student’s interview performance
- Collaborate with other members of Crimson’s FAO team to simulate an admissions committee review
- Provide feedback to the student and their Crimson team, helping them understand strengths and weaknesses in order to construct a more polished application
Sales and Marketing
- Facilitate or lead development and presentation of marketing materials for seminars or expositions in Crimson markets around the world
You just might be the person we're looking for if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a US and/or UK university; advanced degrees welcome
- 2+ years of experience working in an admissions office at a Top 30 US university, with experience in recruitment, outreach, and application review
- Passion for coaching high school students and appreciation of global perspectives
- Superior planning and organizational skills; experience in project management, event coordination, product management a plus
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Resilience when working independently under pressure
Please keep an eye on your spam / junk email folder for correspondence from Team Tailor.
- Service Delivery
- Former Admissions Officer Consultant
- United States
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
About Crimson Education
Crimson Education takes college admissions consulting to a new level of personalisation and success, increasing students chances of admission to the Ivy League, Oxbridge and other top universities by up to 700%. Services include in-depth US and UK university admissions support, Australia and New Zealand medical school admissions support, educational tours to the US and Europe, local curriculum tutoring and extracurricular mentoring.
Former Admissions Officer Consultant - Remote
Loading application form
Already working at Crimson Education?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.